Position: Ruby on Rails Developer
Location: Digital depot, The Digital Hub, Dublin 8
Terms: Full Time
Description: Dediserve is a specialist cloud based virtual server provider, built on bespoke software management and service orchestration platforms.
Through our unique platform, customers can provision and manage cloud servers dynamically as required, while our custom software monitors billing events and provides access to our support services.
We are looking for a ruby on rails developer to join the dediserve team, to work on constantly improving and updating the existing infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right attributes to join a fast growing start-up.
- Commercial experience of Ruby on Rails (almost certainly guarantees an interview!!)
- Strong Unix/Linux command line scripting skills and server administration.
- Working with third party payment systems such as Paypal & Realex
- Knowledge of GIT
- Excellent knowledge of Xen
- Understanding of networking protocols and status codes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, Initiative, enthusiasm, passion, self-starter
- Confident with a good sense of humor and ability to communicate at all levels
- Committed to learning new development languages and techniques
- Take full ownership of existing systems
- To work alongside existing Development Team
- Basic Support functions to existing customers as we provide an unmanaged platform
- Continue to develop the system, including testing and bug fixing
- Creativity in suggesting, planning and implementing future upgrades/add-ons to the system
- Play a key strategic role in helping to define the direction and goals of the business
Please email your CV to Jobs@dediserve.com in PDF format.
We do not require the Help of Recruitment Companies at this time.